Want to help these dogs? Please read the info below:
We would like to invite anyone who would like to help walk our dogs to sign up with our volunteers to walks on a more ad hoc basis.
At the Shelter we have a strict policy that we don’t feed the dogs apart from mealtimes. Our dogs are fed according to their needs, with high quality feed. Sometimes giving them something else results in health problems. The dogs are fed in the morning, if their bowl is empty after 12.00 it means that they have eaten their portion for the day and should not be hungry. Please do not leave shopping bags with food on the benches, fences or anywhere else in the shelter grounds or where the dogs are walked.
ATTENTION – FOR SAFETY REASONS CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO ON WALKS WITH THE DOGS (EVEN UNDER SUPERVISION)
- must be at least 18 years of age and provide a valid identity card
- have to REGISTER their visit via telephone with one of the
volunteers provided by the Shelter. You will not be allowed to go on
walks if you turn up uninvited at the Adoption Office.
- cannot decide which dogs they would like to take on a walk. The volunteer or carer will decide
- should be prepared to be available for walks for at least 3
hours – we are not looking for people who want to walk one dog a day.
- who can help out between 10.00 -17.00, depending on the season.
The times will be agreed with volunteer with whom you have been paired
- will always be supervised by the volunteer with whom you have
been paired. You may not independantly wander around the Shelter, enter
the boxes or take out the dogs.
- must at all times wear the identification card given to you by the volunteer.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR DOG WALKING
1.Read The Declaration of dogwalking assistant and The Rules for Cooperation between the shelter and dog walking assistants.
2. At least 3 days before your planned visit send to : email@example.com
- information when you can come
- filled and signed Declaration of Dogwalking assistant and The Rules for Cooperation between the shelter
Dog Walking takes place around the Shelter, ul Paluch 2, Warszawa. (Bus 124 from the Park and Ride Aleje Krakowska)